Thursday, June 5, 2008

Love, one heart, two bodies;

Love, one heart, two bodies;

Most would agree with me that Love shared is the epitome of true Love. There is no greater Love than love given away with no expectations or strings and then to receive it back again in a greater measure. This is how love was intended to grow. Your first crush, your first love, your first child, your first conscious recognition of a greater power in your life all of these are milestones.

We would not exist without Love of family, friends and most importantly, God’s love. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave, and gave, and gave and is still giving. In-spite of our faults, failures and outright disobedience He LOVES! This is not meant to be confused with God’s approval of our actions, which most take comfort in thinking this way, it is about one more second chance!! He blesses us, pours out His mercy, answers our prayers, meets our needs and give us Love, not because we’re PERFECT and ready to face our Maker, rather it is His mercy keeping us close to Him in hopes that we’ll see ourselves the way He sees us and we'll desire to draw nigh unto Him, thus changing our ways.

This story is a great example of my thoughts: A minister’s wife was with a group of ladies going to a luncheon and the driver tunes in a classical radio station hoping to set a peaceful and sweet mode for the drive. Months later a comment was made to a group, in-front of the minister’s wife, “well Sister Majors likes classical music!” The minister’s wife spoke up and said, “NO, actually I don’t listen to anything but Gospel music.” The ladies replied, “The day we went to lunch you didn’t say anything about the choice of music, we assumed you liked it!” “No, I didn’t like it but it wasn’t my place to tell you! I knew somehow God would let you know!” The minister’s wife replied. (that same minister's wife is where I got the phrase, "help me to see myself the way you see me God." The first time I heard her pray this we were in a ladies prayer meeting in Ft. Worth, Texas in the 1980's and as usual I was situated in a place close to her during prayer just to listen to her experience in prayer and glean from her wisdom.)

Sadly so many are going to find themselves at the Day of Judgment honestly confused as to why their names are not in the Lambs Book of Life.

We must listen to HIS STILL SMALL VOICE.

Proverbs 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

2 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

No, we could not exist without love!!! I don't understand those that try to alienate themselves from others thinking they can make it by themselves. I NEED my family, the church, and my friends around me. I cannot make it alone!

Gloria said...

I agree 100%! I took a personality test via an e-mail that made this comment about my type personality; To be successful, they need to build a loving foundation. If our foundation is based on LOVE we can't go wrong...