Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Help me oh God to seek your will and not my own.


When I think about rules my mind goes to the Garden of Eden.
The beginning of RULES!
It was true then and it is true now we humans don’t do well with rules.

Genesis 2:9, 15-17
Adam & Eve knew to not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil (the ability to know good from evil) and I am sure that they talked about the rule God had given them…but all they knew was that the rules existed, and that they would surely die if they ate of the fruit. The principle behind it was apparently never discovered. The WHY!! Nor did they love God enough to just do His will. It’s not always our business to know but sometimes to just TRUST!

Genesis 6:14
God instructed Noah to build an ark. As we all know the people did not obey the rules and JUST do what they were told…Let me ask, do you think that IF they’d really known the outcome of their actions they’d refused to get onboard the ark?

Exodus 20:3-17
The Ten Commandments are no different from any of the rules given to God’s creation!

We need to understand God’s ways and not just His acts.

I’ve heard it said too many times, “we can wear that, we can’t go there, we have to do this or we can’t listen to that?” Where’s the love or God & His will? The carnal nature wants to see how close we can come to being sinful and still not crossing the line of God’s judgment. Why can’t our response be, “If doing that displeases God, then I want no part of it?”

2 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Obedience is SO much better than rebelling against God's laws! I pray that I will have a submissive spirit to His ways. We are blessed when we do so!

Keith and Carla said...

Any new updates? more thoughts? ahem...